This page is for registered participants in the online course Roots Deeper Than Whiteness (Feb-March, 2019.) If you are not a registered participant, please stop and sign up here! No one is turned away for lack of funds, but we do need to be able to keep track of who is taking the course.
Live session dates: Feb 24, March 3, March 17, and March 24 / 5-7pm ET each session. **Sessions will be recorded. Live attendance is not mandatory.**
On this page you will find:
- Homework assignments
- available 2-3 days after each live session ends (we’ll email you when these are up)
- recordings are linked below the corresponding session’s homework assignment
- please do not share recording links outside of the course
Need login for live sessions? Have other questions?
See our Logistics & FAQ page!
White Awake is a small organization with limited staff. Please visit our Logistics & FAQ page before writing in with any logistical questions. Thank you!
Homework for Session One
- Our Analysis – White Awake (10 min)
- What is White Supremacy – Elizabeth Martínez (15min)
- Indigenous Nationhood and Colonial Nation States – selections from Jacqueline Keeler and Dr. Niigaan Sinclair (20 min)
- Qallunology 101: A Lesson Plan for the Non-Indigenous – Derek Rasmussen (5 min)
- Healing Your Thousand-Year-Old Trauma – Resmaa Menakem (5 min)
- Optional: Birth of a White Nation – Jacqueline Battalora (30 min video)
- Why are you taking this course?
- Did you experience any a-ha moments while engaging with your homework assignments? Any new information? Or things put together in a new way? Any lingering confusion or discomfort?
- Do you feel rooted? Do you feel uprooted? Where and/or how do you feel these things?