Hello! This page is designed to help you successfully navigate the technical & logistical components of taking the 2023 White Awake training Radical Anti-Bias Education: Cultivating True Comrades in Struggle. We’ve organized the information a couple of different ways:
- As a list of action steps you’ll need to take in order to participate (this list is called Training Logistics)
- As a list of frequently asked questions (the FAQ comes after the Training Logistics)
White Awake is a small organization with limited staff. Please do your best to look for the information you need here, before writing us directly. This will help us a lot! If you still have questions, you can reach out via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Radical Anti-Bias Education 2023 has been approved by the NASW (Approval # 886890411-8173) for 8 continuing education contact hours. To learn more about the Social Work CE Track click here. If you intend to take the course for credit, but registered without indicating this on the registration form, please write us at email@example.com to let us know.
Radical Anti-Bias Education – Training Logistics
Are you registered for the Social Work CE Track of this course? If so, please note that 1) you will use a different participant page for this course (shared below) and 2) you will use the same login information for social work specifics sessions as you do for the main sessions of the course. Other logistical information specific to the SW CE Track will be posted on your respective participant page. In order to receive CE Credit you will need to attend all sessions live.
1) – REVIEW TRAINING LOGISTICS
Basic logistical information about the series is as follows:
- Registration for the training is a requirement for participation.
- There are three sessions in the training. Each session builds on the content of the last. You will get the most out of these sessions if you participate in all of them or commit to watching recordings of those that you miss.
- Live sessions are: 7/16, 7/23, and 8/6 from 4-6:30pm ET (1-3:30pm PT US Time). Notice that sessions take place on Sundays.
- Additional SW CE Track Session date: July 30 from 4-6:15pm ET (1-3:15pm PT)
- This session will supplement the main work of the course such that participants in the SW CE Track will attend a total of four sessions for their track.
- Social work participants on the CE track will need to attend all sessions live in order to receive credit.
- Sessions will be recorded and available for participant viewing 2-3 days following the live session.
- You may participate without attending live (unless you are seeking CE credit.)
- Homework materials will be recommended for each session. Please allow 1-2 hours to complete homework prior to each session (2-3 hours for CE Track participation.)
- Training materials will remain up on our site for three months following our final session (until Nov 6, 2022). After this, at the organization’s discretion, study materials will be sent to you as a PDF and session recordings will no longer be available.
2) – TAKE ACTION TO BE SURE YOU RECEIVE ALL COURSE MAILINGS
- Please add “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your list of contacts.
Course mailings (after your confirmation email) will come from Mailchimp bulk email service, which is sometimes sent to spam (or your Promotions tab, if you use Gmail.) Adding “email@example.com” to your list of contacts prevents this from happening.
3) – TAKE ACTION TO RECEIVE A LOGIN FOR JOINING LIVE SESSIONS
- If you are only using the recordings, you do not need to take this step
In order to attend the live sessions of this training, you will need to apply for a personal login to the Zoom video conferencing meeting we have set up for the course. You must apply for a unique, personal login to this meeting if you want to attend the live sessions, even if you already have a Zoom account.
- To participate in the live sessions of this course CLICK THIS LINK and fill out the form.
- Please complete this process at least one day before the first live session that you want to join.
- We approve these registrations manually, so you will not receive an instant response.
- Once you are approved with Zoom, you will receive a confirmation email directly from Zoom with the login information you need to join the sessions.
- If you do not see the Zoom confirmation email in your inbox:
- Please check spam and/or your promotions tab (in Gmail). Your personal login email comes directly from Zoom, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also search your inbox for the subject heading: Your Login for “Radical Anti-Bias Education” Live Sessions
- This login information is specific to you – please do not share it with others, as only one person can use each login.
- You only need to register with Zoom once – you use the same login for each session.
- Before registering with Zoom, be sure you have read our Participant Agreements & Ground Rules document.
When you receive your email from Zoom (with your login information) note that:
- There is a lot of information in the email. The only information that you need is your personal login link (and/or telephone number, if you will be joining by phone.)
- To join the video conference online, see the large blue button that reads “Join Meeting”. To call in by phone, see the see the later section that reads “Join via audio”.
- You do NOT need to use the calendar invitations that are part of this email, however if you use them they will save your login info in the calendar event they create.
- The first time you click on your login link from Zoom, please allow an extra 5-10 minutes for the platform to download a small utility to your device. You will then choose audio via the device or via a phone.
- If you have trouble using Zoom, please contact Zoom support between sessions for technical assistance. (We are limited in our ability to help you use Zoom on your device.)
5) – MAKE NOTE OF YOUR PARTICIPANT PAGE FOR THIS COURSE
- All homework and links to recordings of live sessions can always be found on your participant page for this course (alternate CE Track participant page can be found here.)
Frequently Asked Questions
None of the training times work for me, is there another way I can participate?
- You can register and participate via the recordings and staying current on homework, unless you are in the CE Track. In order to obtain CE credit from NASW, you must attend all sessions live.
Can I sign up a group of people? Does every member of my group need to be registered?
- While we encourage folks to participate in our courses with others, you cannot register as a group. Each person who participates must be registered individually.
What is the difference between donating to White Awake and paying for an event?
- A donation is tax deductible; an event payment is not.
ABOUT TRAINING PARTICIPATION: RECORDINGS & LIVE SESSIONS
When will I get the recordings of the live sessions?
- Within 3 days of the live session. You will receive a link to session recordings via email, and these links will also be added to your participant page for the course.
How do I get a login to join a live session?
- To receive a login to join the live sessions, click this link and fill out the form.
- We manually approve folks to join, so you’ll see a “pending” status until you’ve been approved.
- Please do this at least 24 hours before the first live session (or the first live session that you want to attend).
- You have to be registered with White Awake for this course before we can approve you to join a live session.
- You also need to read and agree to the ground rules for this course to join the live sessions.
I filled out the form, but I never received my login!
- Please check your spam or promotions tab. These emails go straight out from Zoom, and sometimes do not land directly in your inbox.
The session is about to start, can I get my login?
- White Awake is a small organization with limited staff. We ask that you apply for your individual login at least 24 hours before any given live session, as it is very difficult for us to process new login requests at the same time we are hosting the live session.
- If you have waited until the last minute, please be patient. We will do our best to get you in. If we don’t get you in, know that you can access a recording later.
Can I share my login with someone else?
- No, you cannot. Your login information is specific to you. Only one user can use each login at a time.
I already use Zoom, is it necessary to apply for a login for these calls?
- Yes. You aren’t registering for Zoom, you are registering for the specific Zoom sessions associated with this training. We require this in order to verify that only those people who registered are allowed into the live session.
Do I need to need to apply for a personal Zoom login if I’m only using the recordings?
- No, you do not.
Do I need to apply for a new Zoom login for every individual session of the same program?
- No, your unique link stays the same for every session
ABOUT ONLINE COURSE PARTICIPATION: OTHER QUESTIONS
I haven’t received any information about this training!
- Please check your spam or promotions tab for mail from “email@example.com”, and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts. We use a bulk email service to correspond with participants, and sometimes these mailings do not go straight into your inbox.
Where can I find my homework assignments?
- All homework and links to recordings of live sessions can always be found on your participant page for this course.
Where can I find the recordings for specific sessions I missed?
- All homework and links to recordings of live sessions can always be found on your participant page for the training.
How much time does the homework between sessions usually take?
- We estimate 1-2 hours of homework per session, depending in part on how much time you want to spend with your assignments. Up to an hour more time will be necessary for CE Track homework.
Can I share the videos of live sessions?
- No. Please do not share recordings of the training sessions with folks who are not registered for it. You are welcome to share any of the homework assignments.
AFTER THE TRAINING
How do I access recordings and homework?
- All of the materials are available on your participant page for the training.
How long will the recordings and homework materials remain accessible?
- The participant page for this training will remain live for three months after the last live session.